Friday, October 22, 2010

Well this is an awesome development

Not much to report art-wise today, classes have really been kicking my ass this quarter. When I'm not working, at class, or sleeping, I'm usually working on sewing up things to sell at my table at Sugoicon in a couple weeks. That whole deal is coming along pretty nicely, and yesterday I picked up some things to use for my display (some cute cotton fabric to use as my tablecloth, and those fantastic wire display cubes from Target)

Though I am excited to say that I'll be attending the World Fantasy Convention next weekend in Columbus, Ohio. By some strange stroke of luck I got next Saturday and Sunday off work (strange as hell, since the Day Job is a liquor store/party supply store, seriously if you're ever in Northern Kentucky come check us out, its called Party Source) even though its Halloween weekend, a busy as hell time for us booze peddlers. So I'll be heading up Saturday morning to meet up with my partner in crime, Brit Mandelo. I'll be toting lots of business cards along, as well as my portfolio just in case. Her boss, Irene Gallo of Tor.com will be there as well, and I'm looking forward to meeting her. She's already seen some of my work, that Brit brought along with her to Readercon, so I'm excited for a face-to-face meeting. I'll be handing out cards galore and meeting/hanging/drinking with Brit's lovely author-type friends. It should be quite the awesome experience.

Photobucket

These are the cards, by the way. Sadly I seem to have lost the original digital file, which I honestly don't mind considering I plan to have a new design for the cards when I launch my website. Which will happen. Eventually. I'm just terrible at webdesign and need to wait for my friend Arielle to help with the building process.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that all sounds like a ton of work. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My_keyboard_is_broken_so...What_adorable_cards!

    ReplyDelete