Thursday, November 18, 2010

Neil Gaiman's "The Price" by Christopher Salmon

Hey guys! Today, I want to spread the word about an awesome project I found via Neil Gaiman's twitter feed today:



Its a project to make a for-fans-by-fans film adaptation of the Gaiman short story "The Price". That story is probably one of the most chilling short stories I have ever read, and the idea of seeing this animated is super exciting to me! Filmmaker Christopher Salmon is using Kickstarter to get the project funded, and I urge you all to pledge! As of right now he's about 45% of the way to his goal. I've already pledged, the minimum amount is only $10 (that's 2 McDonald's meals, 2 starbucks lattes, or lunch at Panera) and the pledge tiers have all sorts of nifty rewards ranging from DVDs and posters, to seeing the film premiered alongside Mr Gaiman and Mr Salmon! So please, take a little time out from your daily life to watch Mr Salmon's pitch video (which includes an animatic that promises of Good Things to come) and even if you can't pledge, spread the word via twitter, facebook, your own blog/livejournal, or however else you like!

7 comments:

  1. woahh this is pretty cool. I'm a big gaiman fan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really cool, I'll defiantly support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that mini series about London, I think was called Neverwhere?

    And also Stardust is like my favorite movie ever :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Yllsa Check out his short story collections, Fragile Things and Smoke & Mirrors, and his novel American Gods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha like Yllsa I immediately thought of Stardust, which I LOVE. Other than that, I haven't read his short stories but now I am intrigued to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Yllsa, yep, the miniseries was Neverwhere. Oh man, delicious Neil. I used to have an mp3 version of him reading his children's book The Wolves in the Walls. His voice is just so soothing.

    ReplyDelete